Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My 1st day of work...

30th of August: Ahh, tomorrow need to start work already.... Feel very uneasy for the whole day, I also don't know why. Though working hours is from 9am to 5.30pm, but they called me and tell me to reach there at 10am. It's a temp job on project basis, if there's project, you get to work, if there's no project, then you rest lor. Night time finally arrive, can't even get any sleep for the whole night. Keep on tossing and turning for the whole night, woke up very hour... duhz... This kind of thing always happens since young, like the day before school starts and the day before work. Really hate this feeling but what to do?

31st of August: My new working place is so far... Take MRT to Orchard then take bus before you can reach the place. Suppose to reach the office at 10am, but as I was afraid that I might be late, I went out of the house very early. Therefore, I reach my work place at about 9.15 am... Yah.. very early indeed. Of course I did not go up to the office straight away. I walk to the back of the building and found a place to sit down and then I took out my handphone to make a long distance call to my Siheng. Called at the wrong timing, Siheng was driving... can't really talk, but still he tried his best to talk to me for about 5 to 10 mins.

I looked at my watch and realise that it was only about 9.35am... still so early... I sit down there and stared at the surrounding areas. I kept staring till the watch shows 9.50am. I dilly dally walk to the lobby and took the lift up to the office. Took a seat and they told me what I'm supposed to do. My job is to called up clients and ask them whether they want to attend certain seminar upon recieving the invitation from the respective company. Then, the superior came over and tell me to help out on a seminar held on the 1st of September at The Oriental.

"Dress code: Black shirt with collar, black pants and black shoes (must cover toes)." BLACK??!?!?!? OMG!!! I can find black pants and shoes but black shirt?!?! NO WAY! There's no fully black shirt in my wardrobe. So I walk over to the assistant and ask if there's an alternative. She say can wear white, but must have collar. Heng ar... if not they can go without me liao.

I drank so much water because I kept talking in an air-conditioned place. My throat felt so dry every 15 mins. I kept running to the toilet also because I drink so much of water. There's a shortcut to the toilet if you want to go, but when you want to come back, you have to go by the front door. You need a kind of SMART KEY to open the "shortcut" door from the outside, from the inside, you can simply hit the big button on the wall. STUPID RIGHT?

Those people at the front keep seeing me walking in... so paiseh. The same thing continues till it's time to knock off. I walk to Great World City and roam around for awhile before I went home. Tiring.... because of the journey back home, far... I started to think, it took me about 1 hour to reach my work place if I take train then changed to bus (inclusive of waiting time). If I take a so called direct bus, it took me about 1 hour 40 mins to each there (inclusive of waiting time)!!! I drop dead when I reach home...

Time to take a rest...

0 comments: